This list is updated daily, keep checking back!
American Culinary Federation (Glens Falls chapter) -serving grilled chicken and corn chowder with smoked ham, roasted pablano crema and crispy tortiilas, a portion of the proceeds go to our annual Youth Scholarship Foundation
American Red Cross - serving chowder from their emergency response vehicle parked in front of the Visitor Center on Broadway, Adirondack big game chowder with elk, beef and sausage AND also traditional New England clam chowder
Ben & Jerry's of Saratoga -Dessert Chowder: 'Phish Chowder' with M&M 'croutons' and a touch of whipped cream
Bettie's Cakes -Dessert Chowder
Boca Bistro -serving chorizo, potato and lobster chowder, with goat cheese and polenta croutons
Bon Ton Fish Market -serving from Hungry Spot Cafe, fresh swordfish chowder
Bookmakers at Holiday Inn -serving crawfish & Andouille sausage chowder topping with a Bayou sauce
Bread Basket Bakery -serving sweetened black bean, chocolate and poblano chowder
Bullpen -chowder provided by Horseshoe Inn Bar & Grill
Celtic Treasures -chowder provided by the Local Pub & Teahouse
Chez Pierre -serving from the City Center, crabby swiss chowder
Children's Museum of Saratoga -Dessert Chowder, serving from Flores Fine Art Gallery, "Make Your Own" children's chowder
Circus Cafe -serving New England Clambake chowder with clams, crabmeat, chicken & more
Comfort Kitchen -serving New York State Oyster Chowder
Dango's -serving chicken wing chowder with a chicken wing on top
Druthers Brewing Company
Esperanto -serving Southwest BBQ pork w/red beans, bacon, bell peppers, onions, corn chowder AND also a coconut, tofu and veg. chowder
Fifty South -serving from the City Center, corn & potato chowder, seafood pura vida, both gluten free, local vegetables & dairy products
Gaffney's Restaurant -serving paella chowder
Great Bay Seafood Restaurant -serving from the City Center
Hattie's Restaurant -serving Andouille sausage and corn chowder topped with fried shrimp
Henry Street Taproom -serving Caribbean curry chowder
The IceHouse -serving smoked pork & sweet potato corn chowder
Inn at Saratoga -serving beef brisket chowder
Irish Times Pub and Restaurant -serving Reuben chowder
Izumi Asian Bistro & Lounge -serving Japanese seafood soup
Jacob & Anthony's American Grille
Lillian's Restaurant -serving New England clam chowder
The Local Pub & Teahouse -serving whiskied leeks with white truffle potatoes and sweet corn in an Irish red ale broth, gluten-free and vegetarian.
Maestro's at the Van Dam -serving Bourbon smoked chicken corn chowder with cheddar biscuit
Max London's Restaurant & Bar -serving Manhattan clam chowder and it is Gluten-free
The Mine -serving clam chowder by Jody's Tavern
Moby Rick's Seafood -serving from Saratoga Paint and Sip Studio
Nove Italian Restaurant -serving from the City Center
Olde Bryan Inn -serving German sausage and potato chowder
Olde Saratoga Brewing Company -serving Bourbon Street seafood chowder made with Saratoga lager
One Caroline Street
Paddock Lounge -serving New England clam and corn chowder
Panza's Restaurant & Catering -serving New England clam chowder with dill dropped biscuits
Parting Glass -serving Parting Glass triple seafood chowder
Peabody's Sports Bar and Grille
PJ's BAR-B-QSA -serving homemade corn chowder (vegetarian) or add a meat of your choice for a taste tour of American BAR-B-Q
Plum Dandy -Dessert Chowder: serving brownie batter chowder
Prestwick Chase at Saratoga -serving from the Visitor Center
Prime at Saratoga National Golf Club -serving classic New England clam chowder
Putnam's at Gideon Putnam Resort -serving from the City Center
Putnam Market -serving salmon & shrimp chowder
Saratoga Casino & Raceway -serving from the City Center, Southwest shrimp and jalapeno bacon chowder
Saratoga City Tavern -serving UBU cheddar chowder
Saratoga Springs Fire Department Station #1 -serving from 60 Lake Avenue, ham & potato chowder, all proceeds go to their Christmas fund to purchase winter clothes and toys for needy children
Scallions Restaurant -serving crabmeat chowder
Seven Horse Pub
Sperry's Restaurant -serving Balinese style seafood chowder with sweet potatoes, tomoato, coconut milk & ginger
Spring Street Deli & Pizzeria -serving Creole crab & corn chowder
The Springs -serving London Sea chowder-roasted corn, chopped clams, died potatoes, bacon, haddock fish, crab meat
The Stadium Cafe
Starting Gate Bar & Grill -serving Starting Gate Vegetarian Chowder and also Buffalo Chicken Chowder
Sushi Thai Garden Restaurant
Uno Chicago Grill -serving from Thirteen, Windy City chowder
West Side Stadium
Wheatfield's Bistro & Wine Bar
Wheatfield's Restaurant & Bar
The Wine Bar -serving African sweet potato chowder
2013 Participants Serving Dog Chowder:
Coming back for the fourth year in a row will be the "Dog Chow Down"! Starting at 1:00 PM at the Saratoga Downtowner Motel, a contest between the stores participating in making dog chowder will compete!
Dawgdom -Heather Bohm-Tallman Photography will have their DoggieBooth, no sitting fee and kids are free!
Impressions of Saratoga -serving Cory's Choice Chowder, all proceeds donated to the Saratoga County Animal Shelter in memory of Cory
Sloppy Kisses -serving Dog Drool Soup
Enter to WIN survey
Please fill out this survey after your Chowderfest experience and be entered to win a gift package!
Chowderfest Gift Package:
- Overnight at the Saratoga Hilton
- $25 gift certificate to Circus Café
- 2 Official Long Sleeve Chowderfest 2013 t-shirts
- 2 Chowderfest Mugs (CHUGS)
- 2 2012 NYRA baseball caps
2013 Exclusive "Chug" Outlets:
The chugs are a collectors item! They're re-usable, environmentally friendly mug/lid/spoon combination.
They are available for $10.00 each to purchase at:
*Purchase your chug from Franklin Community Center: bring in a bag of non-perishable items for the food pantry, get a chug for $8. Pay $10 and get a complimentary Franklin Community Center recyclable bag (while supplies last)
For a second year in a row, Radio Disney will be coming to Chowderfest! Radio Disney will be in the Ben & Jerry's parking lot at 34 Phila Street from 1-3 p.m. Bring your little Chowderhounds to rock out to the sounds of Disney, play games and shake their winter blues away. Radio Disney is sponsored by Allerdice Rent-All and Ben & Jerry's of Saratoga Springs
- The Police Benevolent Association is serving hot chocolate and coffee at the west side of Broadway on the top of Caroline Street.
- Old Friends Cabin Creek has an informational table set up at the City Center
- United Methodist Church is serving free hot chocolate and coffee at the City Center
- Jacob & Anthony's American Grille will be featuring $2 Coors Light Drafts during Chowderfest in your Blue Cup. Pick up your Blue cup in front of the Hampton Inn along with a special discount. DJ Playground from 1-5pm
- Prestwick Chase of Saratoga has once again commissioned an ice sculpture to be created on the lawn of the Visitor Center. Stop by to see the creation and don’t forget your cameras! Taste some of Prestwick Chase’s chowder at the Visitor’s Center while you're there.
- Mamatoga Family Chowderfest Map
MUSIC ON SATURDAY, 2nd
- Star 101.3 at the Visitor Center from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- ESPN 104.5 at the Visitor Center from 1:30-4:00 p.m.
- WEQX at the City Center from 1- 3 p.m.
- Eclectic Songs at the Downtowner Motel parking lot from 10:30-1:30 p.m.
- GNA 107.7 at the Downtowner Motel parking lot from 1:45-3:00 p.m.
- PopCrush 105.7 at the Downtowner Motel parking lot from 3:00-4:30 p.m.
- Hot 99.1 on Henry Street from 12-3 p.m.
- Capital Disc Jockeys at the City Center from 3:30-6:30 p.m, offering their Open Air Photobooth
- Fly 92 at the top of Caroline Street from 12:30-4 p.m.
- Jay Yager from The Audiostars will be playing solo acoustic from 12-4 p.m. on the Saratoga National Golf Club's Veranda
- The Saratoga City Tavern: Rich Ortiz playing on Saturday from 12-3 p.m.
- The Mine: Erin Harkes from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. and Mikki Bakken from 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Irish Times Pub and Restaurant:The Radio Junkies playing at 9 p.m.
- PJ's BAR-B-QSA: PJ will be djing the oldies from 5:30 to close
- Olde Saratoga Brewing Company: The Ubunto Band is playing in the Tasting Room from Noon-4 p.m.
- The Starting Gate Bar & Grill: Molly Durnin playing from 4-8 p.m.
- Comfort Kitchen: DJ Dragonette playing from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. and an afterparty featuring food and drink specials
- Druthers: Solo acoustic act Steve Candlen playing from 11:30 a.m.-4 p.m. and an acoustic duo of Chris Carey and Mike O'Donnell from 5-9 p.m.
- The Wine Bar: Carol R. Daggs performing from 7-10 p.m.
- Gaffney's: Jeff Brisbin performing 12-4 p.m. and The Blackouts performing 9- 1 a.m.
- Winners will be announced in front of the City Center at 6:30 p.m. on the day of the event. PUBLIC INVITED!
2013 Winter Weekend Events:
- Postponed till March 1: 2013 Candlelight Ski and Snowshoe from 6 p.m.-8:30 p.m. at Saratoga Spa State Park. Families are invited to enjoy an evening at Saratoga Spa State Park’s free candlelight ski and snowshoe event. In addition to a one-mile candlelit loop, the park will be offering ice skating and hot food and drinks. Snowshoes will be available to rent. This event will take place at the Warming Hut. This is a weather dependent event. Please call Alli Schweizer at (518) 584-2000 Ext. 116 for more information.
- Friday, February 1: Winterfest Wine Tasting from 6 p.m.-8:00 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs / Ballroom. $12.00 at Door. Sample a selection of delicious affordable wines, paired with savory Hors D' Oeuvers.
- Healthy Living Market and Cafe, opening at the Wilton Mall in March, has partnered with Hot Yoga Saratoga and One Yoga Saratoga to offer three free yoga classes as a part of Winterfest. There will be a free Bikram class at Hot Yoga Saratoga on Friday 2/1 at 9:30am, a Kid's Yoga class at One Yoga Studio also on Friday at 9:30am, taught by Mamatoga, and a Yoga Hour of Power Flow on Saturday 2/2 at 8:00am at One Yoga Studio. The yoga classes are first come, first serve.
- Sunday, February 3: Wilton Wildlife: WinterFest Snowshoe Event at Camp Saratoga from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.at the Wilton Wildlife Preserve & Park: Camp Saratoga. Free Admission! Get some outdoor exercise before the Superbowl and celebrate Winter Weekend on our groomed ski and snowshoe trails.
2013 Chowderfest Photos from Village Photo, LLC
Click here to view them!
Photos courtesy of Stock Studios Photography and Anthony LaTerra
2013 Chowderfest Flash Mob!
Video courtesy of Eclectic Songs Entertainment
Chowderfest 2013 from Red Cape Dream Productions
Video courtesy of Red Cape Dream Productions
2012 Chowderfest Winners:
People's Choice: The Seven Horse Pub
Best On-Broadway: Cantina
Best Non-Downtown Chowder: Longfellow’s
Best Off-Broadway: The Seven Horse Pub
Best Newcomer: The Saratoga Springs Fire Department
Best Chowder-Themed Dessert: Bettie’s Cakes
Most Chowder Served: The Parting Glass
Dog Chow Down: Sloppy Kisses of Saratoga
2011 Chowderfest Winners:
People's Choice: The Parting Glass
Best On-Broadway: Cantina
Best Off-Broadway: Seven Horse Pub
Best Non-Downtown: Longfellows Restaurant
Best Newcomer: American Culinary Federation
Most Chowder Served: The Parting Glass