Saratoga’s Annual Chowderfest is one of the area’s most highly anticipated events of the year. Family-friendly, fun and utterly delicious, Chowderfest features more than 70 vendors—including Saratoga County’s best restaurants and caterers—who open their doors to the public and serve hot bowls of chowder to event goers.
Sponsored by KeyBank, the 17-year anniversary of Chowderfest starts at approximately 11 a.m. and will feature live music, face painting and, of course, a wide variety of chowders. Even dogs are welcome—establishments like Dawgdom and Sloppy Kisses offer doggy chowder and photo ops for your four-legged friends.
As you can see by the pictures and videos, it is a great time for the entire family. You don’t want to miss it! For more information on Saratoga’s Chowderfest or if you would like to become a member of the Saratoga Convention & Tourism Bureau and participate, please contact Connie!
Here’s how it works: Pick up a ballot form at any participating establishment, taste different soups and chowders for a $1 a cup (3 oz. serving) and vote for your favorite! Complete your ballot form and pick up your official Chowderfest Long-sleeve T-shirt for $10.00 and XXL for $12.00! Ballot drop-offs and T-shirt locations at the Saratoga Springs Visitor Center and Saratoga Springs City Center. Winner Awards Ceremony in the Saratoga Springs City Center at 6:30 p.m.
During Winterfest, February 6-8 marks the second Saratoga Frozen Springs Classic – Pond Hockey Tournament! Visit the website to register and book a room, www.saratogafrozenspringsclassic.com.
2015 Chowderfest Details
- Chowderfest Participants
- Chowderfest Activities
- Hotel Deals
- Parking Map
- 2015 Sponsors
- 2015 Winterfest
- More Videos
- Past Winners
Bookmakers at the Holiday Inn – Smoked buffalo chicken chowder
Children’s Museum of Saratoga – Dessert chowder, serving from Flores Fine Art Gallery
The Inn at Saratoga – Beef Brisket chowder
PJ’s BAR-B-QSA – Veggie Corn Chowder with option of adding either NYS Fair Chicken, TX Beef Brisket, VA Smoked Sausage or NC Pulled Pork
Thirsty Owl Bistro – Seafood chowder, gluten-free
Universal Preservation Hall – Chowder by Mazzone Catering
2015 Participants Serving Dog Chowder:Coming back for the fifth year in a row will be the “Dog Chow Down”! Starting at 1:00 PM at the Saratoga Downtowner Motel, a contest between the stores participating in making dog chowder will compete!
Impressions of Saratoga – Dog chowder
Saturday, January 31:
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Church at 149 Lake Ave. will have music, beverages, snow cones, popcorn, a couple carnival games with prizes, light snacks, and a snowman building contest with prizes (depending on the snow).
- Nemer CJDR Saratoga will provide music, hot beverages and give-aways on Phila Street.
- Ice Sculpture Photo Opportunity in front of Roohan Realty (519 Broadway)
- Wilton Wildlife Preserve & Park will have a kids activity table in front of Ben & Jerry’s (34 Phila Street)
- Bailey’s Café will have live Breezy Hill Ranch Alpacas on the outdoor lower patio during Chowderfest. Merchandise (hats, scarves, etc.) will be available for sale.
- Balloon Gal Jenny will be twisting up balloons into fun, unique designs from the Saratoga Springs City Center for free!
- Transform your child into a wild animal, a beautiful fairy princess or a mighty super hero with JoJo’s Fabulous Faces at the Saratoga Springs City Center from 11-2 pm for free!
- The Inn at Saratoga – Redneck Soul from 12-4pm
- Winners will be announced in front of the Saratoga Springs City Center at 6:30 pm on the day of the event. PUBLIC AND MEDIA INVITED!
2015 Saratoga Chowderfest Hotel Specials
Book your rooms today! Rates based on availability.
2015 Chowderfest Parking
FREE SHUTTLES back & forth from 10:00am – 6:00pm:
- Upstate Transit Shuttles will run from the Wilton Mall at Saratoga at the park & ride near Dick’s Sporting Goods store into downtown Saratoga
- Upstate Transit Shuttles will run from the Saratoga Casino and Raceway in front of the Hall of Fame building off of Jefferson into downtown Saratoga.
Street closings on January 31 from 11am until 4pm:
Top of Caroline Street from Broadway to Putnam St is closed, and the bottom of Caroline St from Putnam to Henry Street is also closed, bottom half of Phila Street from Putnam to Henry Street, Henry Street is closed from Caroline to Lake Avenue, and Ellsworth Jones Place next to the City Center is closed.
Click for Parking Map
2015 Chowderfest Sponsors:
KeyBank -KeyBank offers products and services to meet your banking needs. Go to www.KeyBank.com for more information on our checking account, savings account, cards, loans and lines of credit for Personal Banking, Business Banking, and Corporate Banking. The best time to start planning for retirement is Today! Let KeyBank help you start on a path toward reaching your future goals. Many convenient locations.
104.5 The Team, ESPN Radio is your home for New York Sports! The New York Yankees, New York Jets, and Albany Devils all live here! Enjoy all your favorite New York and Local Sports Talk weekdays from 3-7pm with Armen & Levack! You can also enjoy highly popular nationally syndicated shows like “Mike & Mike in the Morning,” ‘The Herd’ with Colin Cowherd, and ‘Lupica’ featuring well known author and sports reporter, Mike Lupica! Visit us at www.1045theteam.com.
Blake Shelton, Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line and all your other favorite Country Music Stars call Today’s Country 107.7 WGNA home. Get your day started every weekday morning with Sean, Richie and Bethany…and enjoy your ride home with Brother Lou Roberts! Visit us at www.WGNA.com. Country lives here at GNA!
101.3 The Jockey is your Saratoga County Connection. You pick it, we play it! Visit us at www.1013thejockey.com & at www.facebook.com/1013thejockey! Start your day with the Daily Double every morning with Walt & Heidi for local news, weather and your favorite music. Locally owned by the Empire Broadcasting Corporation.
MVP Health Care provides fully insured and self-funded employer health benefits plans, dental insurance, and ancillary products such as flexible-spending accounts, to more than 700,000 members, with a regional network of 19,000 health care providers, as well as providing access to a national network of more than 500,000 health care providers. For more information, visit www.mvphealthcare.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mvphealthcare, and on Twitter at @MVPHealthCare.
Saratoga.com is THE Region’s #1 Guide to local Events, Lodging, Things to Do, Business Services, Real Estate, Giveaways, Coupons, Deals and More. For everything from travel information like hot spots and itineraries for vacationers, to locals finding the latest nightlife and new store openings in Saratoga Springs, Saratoga.com is your go-to source for the Spa City.
- Friday, January 30: 11th Annual Winterfest Wine & Beer Tasting. 6-9pm at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, $20 Single Admission or $30 per couple, Sample a selection of delicious & affordable wines and beers paired with a lavish display of savory hors d’oeuvres. Proceeds to benefit the Wesley Foundation and Relay for Life: American Cancer Society.
Friday, January 30th: CANdlelight Ski and Snowshoe from 6-8:30pm. Families are invited to enjoy an evening at Saratoga Spa State Park’s CANdlelight Ski and Snowshoe fundraiser event. Admission is a minimum of two canned food items. In addition to a one-mile candlelit loop, the park will be offering a bonfire, ice skating and hot food and drinks. Snowshoes will be available to rent. This event will take place at the Warming Hut. Food will be donated to the Franklin Community Center Food Pantry. Please call Alli Schweizer at (518) 584-2000 Ext. 116 for more information.
Sunday, February 1: 16th Saratoga Winterfest 5k Snowshoe Race at Saratoga Spa State Park at 11am.
- Sunday, February 1: Saturday, February 7: Limoncello’s Taste of Italy 3-course menu for $19.99 plus tax & gratuity, www.limoncelloristorante.com/id4.html
- Friday, February 6: Sunday, February 8: Saratoga Frozen Springs Classic – Pond Hockey Tournament. Visit the website to register and book a room, www.saratogafrozenspringsclassic.com
- Saturday, February 7: 18th Annual Bartender’s Ball at the Saratoga Springs City Center at 6:30pm. Price is $60 and proceeds will once again support Wellspring, formerly Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis.
- Sunday, February 8: Wilton Wildlife Winterfest at Camp Saratoga from 10:00am – 2:00pm. After stepping out on the trails, warm up by the bonfire with hot cocoa and s’mores. We will have snowshoe and cross country ski rentals available if you don’t have your own.
2014 Chowderfest Winners:
People’s Choice – Merry Monk
Most Chowder Served – Druthers
Best On Broadway – Stadium Cafe
Best Off Broadway – Olde Bryan Inn
Best Dessert – Bettie’s Cakes
Best Newcomer – Thirsty Owl
Best Non Downtown – Fifty South
Best Chowder under 1,000 Served – Panza’s Restaurant
Dog Chow Down – Milton Manor Pet Spa
2013 Chowderfest Winners:
Dog Chow Down Winner: Impressions of Saratoga
Best On Broadway and Best Newcomer: Druthers
Best Off Broadway: Seven Horse Pub
Best Non Downtown: Longfellows
Best Dessert-Themed Chowder: Ben & Jerry’s
Most Chowder Served: Parting Glass
People’s Choice under 1,000 bowls Served: The Local Pub
People’s Choice: Seven Horse Pub
2012 Chowderfest Winners:
People’s Choice: The Seven Horse Pub
Best On-Broadway: Cantina
Best Non-Downtown Chowder: Longfellow’s
Best Off-Broadway: The Seven Horse Pub
Best Newcomer: The Saratoga Springs Fire Department
Best Chowder-Themed Dessert: Bettie’s Cakes
Most Chowder Served: The Parting Glass
Dog Chow Down: Sloppy Kisses of Saratoga
2011 Chowderfest Winners:
People’s Choice: The Parting Glass
Best On-Broadway: Cantina
Best Off-Broadway: Seven Horse Pub
Best Non-Downtown: Longfellows Restaurant
Best Newcomer: American Culinary Federation
Most Chowder Served: The Parting Glass