Plan Your Group Tour to Saratoga Springs NY!
We welcome Saratoga group tours! Tour operators and event planners can turn to the Saratoga Convention and Tourism Bureau to make planning a Saratoga group tour for conventions, meetings or trade shows a breeze!
Find assistance with planning itineraries to perfectly suit your group needs
. With so much to see and do in the Spa City, we can help you with the following:
- Assistance with itinerary planning
- Group Tour Resource Manual
- Group Services Directory
- Photography of area attractions, video available upon request
- Assistance with familiarization trips and site visits
- Provision of promotional copy and materials
- Distribution of individual lodging, attraction and event brochure
With our help, planning a group tour to Saratoga is easy…the hard part comes in deciding which places, events and attractions
to choose from!
View and Print the Event Destination Guide
and see how easy it is to explore Saratoga Springs!
Check out our Group Tour E-Newsletters
Transportation and Tour Guides:
For a complete list of tour and transportation operators, please click here.
A Saratoga Perspective:
Saratoga treasures its rich history of sparkling mineral waters and luxurious spas that have provided respite and relaxation for hundreds of years. The Victorian grandeur that is quintessentially Saratoga includes a list of over 1,000 buildings on the National Register of Historic Places
…this lovely city offers something for everyone:
- Horses: Saratoga is all about racing! World-class thoroughbred horse racing, exciting harness racing and, polo events are signature events that have brought visitors here for generations.
- History: History lovers have an opportunity to explore the historic Saratoga Battlefield. Relive the sights and excitement of the determining battle of the American Revolution.
- Culture: Saratoga has long been a summer place, with a cultural profile that includes the NYS Ballet and the Philadelphia Orchestra. The National Museum of Racing, National Museum of Dance, and the renowned Hyde Museum are favorite destinations. Skidmore College offers the Tang Museum.
- Downtown Saratoga: Quaint shops, exquisite dining and entertainment, along with a charming Victorian pedestrian setting provide hours of relaxation. The Beekman Street art district is an up-and-coming art haven not to be missed!
- Autumn in Saratoga: Saratoga scenic by-ways take on a whole different hue in fall. The strong appeal includes few crowds, the crisp, inviting autumn air, and the stunning colors that blanket the beautiful region of Upstate NY.
Location, Location, Location!
- Easy to get to: Saratoga group tours are just a three to four hour drive from NYC, Boston and Montreal! Thirty minutes north of the NYS Capital city of Albany and Albany International Airport.
- Central Location: Saratoga is the perfect “hub” for group tours! After taking in all Saratoga has to offer, just a thirty minute drive north brings you to the scenic vistas of Lake George and the Adirondacks, and a thirty minute drive south brings you to the historic capital city of Albany and the State Capitol complex. Lake Placid, the Finger Lakes, Catskills, Cooperstown…even Vermont are just a short drive away.
- Scenic Surroundings: Framed by the foothills of the Adirondack Mountain to the north and west, and by the Hudson and Mohawk rivers to the east and south, travel to anywhere from here is a visual delight.
- When it comes to historic and scenic attractions, Saratoga is the “crown jewel” in a region rich with gems. Shopping, dining, renowned Saratoga golf courses and close proximity to everything Upstate New York has to offer makes planning Saratoga group tours easy!
Rated one of the “Dozen Distinctive Destinations” by The National Trust for Historic Preservation Great American Main Street recognition by American Heritage Magazine as the publication’s first Great American Place. Saratoga Race Course is one of the World’s Top 10 sporting venues by Sports Illustrated.
A splendid group-tour opportunity awaits in Saratoga Springs, known for its horses, mineral springs, restaurants and shopping. Located minutes from Albany, it’s the perfect destination for relaxing in the luxurious mineral baths or finding excitement on the Race Course.
- Welcome to your Saratoga hotel, where Victorian history blends seamlessly with today’s comforts.Begin your day with a scrumptious lunch at one of more than 90 area restaurants.
- After lunch, your group’s step-on guide will lead a historic tour of the city, encompassing the natural spring waters, the “who’s who” of the city’s founders and socialites, unique architecture of some of more than 1,000 buildings on the National Historic Registry, and the horse racing history and culture that helped shape the city and area.
- Enjoy your first night at the Saratoga Casino and Raceway, where you can try your luck at games of chance, enjoy a dinner overlooking premier live harness racing or enjoy a show at Vapor Nightclub.
- After a hearty breakfast at your hotel, hit the road for more touring. Options are endless: a backstretch tour at the Oklahoma track – the training track of the Saratoga Racecourse, a trip through the Adirondacks ending at the Lake George Steamboat Company for a narrated lunch cruise on Lake George, a trip to a local horse farm for a tour of where the horse racing lifecycle begins, or a trip to a retired thoroughbred farm to meet and nuzzle with the retired stars of horse racing.
- Stop into a Saratoga favorite restaurant for lunch, or grab your boxed lunches and enjoy a guided tour of the Saratoga National Historic Park’s Saratoga Battlefield – site of the battle of Saratoga and the turning point of the Revolutionary War.
- Top off your touring day with a visit to one of many museums, such as the Saratoga Automobile Museum, The New York State Military Museum, The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame or the National Museum of Dance.
- Begin your evening at the Saratoga Winery with a tasting of locally made wines and the option to stay for a meal and evening entertainment.
- Rather head downtown for a night on your own? Take advantage of the plentiful restaurants while browsing locally owned independent galleries, shops and boutiques.
- Enjoy a light breakfast, as your choices today will all be delicious.Your tour will start with a Victorian style tea at the Batcheller Mansion Inn with your period, costumed character guides.Your guides will give a tour of the Inn and instruction on proper Victorian conduct. Continue the Victorian theme with an indulgent mineral bath, an authentic “must-do” Saratoga experience. Depart feeling invigorated but relaxed and ready for your trip home.
- Or, how about we hop a train? After breakfast, travel to the Saratoga Springs Train Station to board the Saratoga & North Creek Railroad. Enjoy a ride the picturesque Adirondack Park – whether to enjoy the fall colors or to take the snow train to Gore Mountain – with several stops and attractions on the way. Your motor coach will meet you in North Creek, NY, for your trip home.
Depending on timing, join us for these seasonal activities:
• World renowned Throughbred Racing, with onsite breakfasts and behind-the-scene tours
• A perfomance of the Philadelphia Orchestra and New York City Ballet, as well as rock, pop and country music shows at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center
• Victorian Streetwalk, Saratoga ArtsFest, Chowderfest, Restaurant Week, Jazz Fest, Saratoga Food and Wine Festival, All American Fourth of July
Celebration and First Night