Saratoga Sports & Event Services
The Saratoga County Sports Commission (SCSC) enjoys strong community relationships that we will put to work for your event. Once you have chosen Saratoga for your event, take advantage of our service offerings.
Below are some quick facts about Saratoga Springs:
- Saratoga is within a 3 1/2 hour drive of 75 million people, and within a days drive of half of the country’s population!
- We are served by the Albany International Airport, located about a 25 minute drive from Saratoga Springs.
- A conveniently located Amtrak station is approximately 1 .5 miles from downtown Saratoga Springs.
- Saratoga is a safe, walking city—plenty of free parking means you can park your car and easily get from place to place on foot if you wish.
- We have over 40 member hotels, inns, B&B’s and motels offering a variety of styles, types and competitive rate ranges. Together these properties offer 1,550 rooms within our city limits, and 2,500 within the county.
- Saratoga offers over 90 restaurants in the downtown area, as well as countless shops, boutiques and galleries.
- Saratoga boasts several museums and historical parks, including the National Racing Museum and Hall of Fame and the Saratoga National Historic Park, known as the turning point of the Revolutionary War.
SCSC Steering Committee:
- Patrick Pipino, Past SCTB Chairman of the Board, Owner, Ben and Jerry’s Saratoga Springs
- John Hirliman, Administrative Director of Recreation, Saratoga Recreation Center
- Steve Porto, Director, Gavin Park
- Gail Cummings, Athletic Director, Skidmore College
- Joanne Kirkpatrick, Director of Sales, Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs
- Patty Voska, General Manager, Holiday Inn Express Clifton Park
- Todd Garofano, President, Saratoga Convention and Tourism Bureau
- Heather McElhiney, Director – Group Tour, Sports and Convention Sales, Saratoga Convention & Tourism Bureau
The SCSC can help you plan your Saratoga Sports event
Whatever it takes — We go above and beyond!
Heather McElhiney – Director – Group Tour, Sports and Convention Sales, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facilitate process with hotels, convention center, off-site venues, and attractions from proposals to contract
- Pre-event promotion to help build your attendance
- Website and Landing Page assistance – linking your players and spectators to Saratoga before they get here
- Media Assistance – from welcome letters to press releases
- Photo Gallery – use of Saratoga Photos for your publications
- Liaison to our community – i.e., tours, transportation, service providers, restaurants, attractions, – we can assist you with all your needs.
- Welcome Tent – a bureau owned and staffed information tent will be stationed at your headquarter venue. (some restrictions apply)
- Volunteers – Staffing hospitality and registration tables, supporting events, handing out brochures, and greeting visitor and participants.
Explore the many Saratoga sports facilities and parks that can host your event
Saratoga County offers a variety of venues and experiences for water sports, ice sports, cycling, hiking, field sports and more. We are fortunate to not only have fantastic natural resources such as Saratoga Lake, but also to enjoy first rate venues and partners. The Saratoga Convention and Tourism Bureau is proud to partner with the venues below and to be your liaison to our community.
Explore Saratoga sporting venues:
- Clifton Common
- Gavin Park
- Saratoga Lake
- Saratoga Polo Association Fields
- Saratoga Spa State Park
- Saratoga Springs Recreational Center
- Saratoga Springs Ice Rinks
- Saratoga Springs City Center
- Saratoga Springs Golf Courses